High Level Crisis Team Meeting
November 11, 2020
The Minister for Finance, Economic Planning and Trade, Naadir Hassan chaired the first high level crisis meeting today at Liberty House. This meeting followed the first High Level Economic meeting (HLEM) that was chaired by President Wavel Ramkalawan at State House yesterday.
The committee is tasked with the responsibility of carrying out analytical work on the current economic crisis that has impacted the country as a result of the persisting covid-19 pandemic and propose recommendation to the High Level Economic Committee.
Discussion in this morning meeting was centred around addressing policies that will assist in stabilising the current increasing exchange rate and inflation. Issues in relation to the exchange rate, unemployment assistance and placement, foreign labour, future assistance to the private sector, local trade remedies and the risks of the state owned enterprises were tabled.
The committee comprise of the following members;
- Mr Patrick Payet – Secretary of State Finance, Economic Planning & Trade
- Mr Damien Thesee – Principal Secretary for Finance
- Mrs Elizabeth Charles – Principal Secretary for Economic Planning
- Ms Cillia Mangroo – Principal Secretary for Trade
- Mr Jules Baker – Principal Secretary for Employment
- Mrs Linda William Melanie – Principal Secretary for Social Affairs
- Ms Caroline Abel – Governor – Central Bank of Seychelles
- Mrs Veronique Herminie – Commissioner General
- Mrs Laura Ah-time – CEO, National Bureau of Statistic
- Mr George Tirant – CEO, Public Enterprise Monitoring Commission
- Mrs Roma Edmond – Deputy CEO, Agency for Social Protection
- Ms Irene Croisee – Comptroller General