Minister Loustau-Lalanne announces automatic renewals of successful FA4JR applications in May
May 15, 2020
Speaking at a live press conference on Thursday 14 May, Minister for Finance, Trade, Investment and Economic Planning, Maurice Loustau-Lalanne announced that applicants who have successfully applied for the Financial Assistance for Job Retention (FA4JR) scheme in April 2020 will automatically be paid the same amount for the month of May.
The Minister said he regretted that the Committee had not been able to finish paying all applications for April by the 13th of April, adding the Committee would now take another six working days to finish processing these applications.
"Today, the 14th May is as follows: we have 2,550 applications which have been processed by the Committee, apart from the ones that will be processed this afternoon, and there are 1,074 which have already been paid for a sum of SR44 million," said Minister Loustau-Lalanne. "Therefore it leaves us with about 1,515 for the Committee to process."
The minister also announced that the number of applications for April which had been rejected currently stand at 194 for Form 1 (payroll assistance) for a value of SR35 million and 76 for Form 2 (self-employed income assistance) for a value of SR1.2 million. This represents a percentage of just 5.7 percent of total applications rejected.
Applicants whose applications have been rejected will have been sent a decision letter explaining the reasons for rejection, and they have a total of 10 days to appeal against this decision. Applicants are advised to write a letter explaining why they wish to appeal against the decision via hard-copy letter dropped off either at Liberty House ground floor or at any District Administration office, or electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the full press conference here: