Senior Economist, Macroeconomic Forecasting & Analysis Branch (MFAB)
May 26, 2020
Macroeconomic Forecasting & Analysis Branch (MFAB)
Senior Economists are team leaders within the MFAB and are required to produce, to final standard, timely and high quality macroeconomic and fiscal advice and reports to guide economic policymaking and Budget formulation. They are responsible for economic and financial report analysis, GDP and tax forecasting and modelling, as well as data management.
- Design and develop innovative economic and financial forecasting models including for economy wide macroeconomic management and major government revenue forecasting.
- Provide specific technical and analytical capabilities for public policy development.
- Undertake macroeconomic research to support forecasting tools and policies.
- Identify and report on financial inconsistencies and fiscal risks.
- Liaise directly with government; international financial institutions (such as the IMF, World Bank); public entities and external parties at all levels.
- Lead and mentor MFAB Economists to ensure successful completion of technical analysis projects and the sustainability of capacity within the Branch.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Econometrics, Finance, or related analytical fields (such as mathematics, statistics and the sciences);
- At least three years’ experience as an Economist, analyst, or public officer or demonstration of exceptional capacity for innovative reform leadership and analysis.
Other required qualities:
- Demonstrated leadership capacity in analysis and policy reform.
- Demonstrated outstanding analytical skills.
- Experience in interpreting and understanding economic indicators and proactively anticipating policy implications.
- Knowledge and background in the use of computerised data investigative tools;
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbally and in writing, in a range of forums.
Salary: Competitive salary dependent on experience
If you are a dynamic and highly motivated professional seeking to develop a career in macro-fiscal management, please forward a covering letter and copies of relevant certificates with an updated CV and a passport size photograph to email@example.com
Closing date for all applications is on 29thMay 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. For further enquiries please contact 4382150.